Monday, March 31, 2008

A day out in Albi



7 tapestries finished, parcelled up and sent to the framer... What a relief! I'm having a short break now and am going to catch up on everything that I've let slide over the past couple of months.

We had a long overdue day off/out in Albi on Friday which was lovely despite persistant rain. I love the mellow, faded beauty of so many French towns and villages. I guess you could call it benign neglect though I do worry that the whole place will just fall down one day. Our local town, Villefranche de Rouergue is beautiful but crumbling. 'Operation 100 façades' has been launched to stop the degeneration but there are very many more than 100 buildings in urgent need of repair.

2 comments:

K Spoering said...

Wow. Thank you for this visit to France. A great treat over my morning coffee!

Meabh Warburton said...

My pleasure!